Outsource Die casting parts to Vietnam in 2022
In Vietnam, companies specializing in die casting are showing progress in production methods gradually. This is the result of the trend of foreign-invested enterprises (FDI) such as the US, Korea and especially Japan shifting production to Vietnam. Therefore, more than ever, continuous improvement and application of standards such as 5S and Kaizen in production have become priorities of Vietnam die casting companies. Thereby, increasing the competitive value of die casting companies in Vietnam as well as reducing the cost and production time compared to the previous period.
I. DIE CASTING TECHNIQUE IN VIETNAM
Hot-chamber die casting is an excellent choice for alloys that do not quickly consume and erode metal pots, cylinders, and plungers. It is used for zinc, certain magnesium alloys, and other low-melting alloys.
Cold-chamber die casting technique better suited for metals with high melting points, such as aluminum. Metal is liquefied and then ladled into a cold chamber where a hydraulically powered plunger forces the metal into the die.
II. COMMON DIE CASTING MATERIAL IN VIETNAM
Zinc, aluminum, magnesium, zinc, copper, lead, and tin are the most frequent die casting alloys; ferrous die casting is also feasible, though it is unusual.
Specific die casting alloys include: zinc aluminum; aluminum to, for example, steel; and steel to, for example, aluminum to steel. Aluminum Association (AA) specifications: AA 380, AA 384, AA 386, AA 390, and AZ91D magnesium.
Zinc is the simplest metal to cast; it has excellent ductility and impact strength, is readily coated, is inexpensive for tiny parts, and promotes extended die life.
Aluminium is lightweight, has great dimensional stability for highly complicated forms and thin walls, is resistant to corrosion, has good mechanical characteristics, high thermal and electrical conductivity, and keeps strength at high temperatures.
Magnesium is the most easily machined metal; it has a great strength-to-weight ratio and is the lightest alloy frequently die cast.
Copper has a high hardness, a high corrosion resistance, the greatest mechanical characteristics of die cast alloys, good wear resistance, excellent dimensional stability, and strength comparable to steel components.
Silicon tombac is a high-strength copper, zinc, and silicon alloy. Frequently used as a substitute for investment cast steel components.
Lead and tin have a high density and exceptionally tight dimensional precision; they are utilized for particular types of corrosion resistance. For public health concerns, such alloys are not utilized in foodservice applications. Type metal, a lead, tin, and antimony alloy (with trace amounts of copper), is used to cast hand-set type in letterpress printing and hot foil blocking.
III. VIETNAM DIE CASTING SUPPLIER CAPABILITIES
Vietnam supplier can perform high-pressure die casting for companies in a wide range of industrial applications including:
- Medical: surgical instruments, hospital equipment, hospital bed gearboxes and peristaltic pumps.
- Recreational Vehicles: recreational vehicle manufacturers.
- Traffic lights: manufacturing of housings for street and traffic light enclosures, PED boxes and aluminium light enclosures.
- Outdoor lighting: outdoor lighting products including walk light housings, bullet light fixtures, coach lights and wall sconce fixtures.
- Firearms: firearms industry, die casting trigger guards, and shotgun and rifle parts.
- Lock and handling system
- Telecommunications: telecom industry products such as electrical housings, connecting front face plates, waveguides, antenna mounts and RF filters.
- Industrial equipment: compressor and piston connecting rods, porter cable pump housings, wall mount bearing housings, industrial pumps, air compressors, valves and many others.
Please contact VASI at [email protected] for further information about Vietnam Die casting suppliers.
Source: VIETNAM OUTSOURCING PTE., LTD, https://vnoutsourcing.com/